* Image and recipe adapted from Laura’s Sweet Spot
When I feel a little sorry for myself the first thing I do is start baking. My fiancee always knows if I’m worried about something as fresh cookies get made! This week I’ve been under the weather thanks to a silly viral chest infection so I’ve been day dreaming about making these delicious looking raspberry crumble bars…
If you fancy a go over the weekend feel free to send them over to me ;-)
- 12 1/2 oz plain flour
- 5 oz sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 9 oz unsalted butter, cut into 1/2″ pieces and softened
- 1 3/4 oz brown sugar
- 1 1/2 oz porridge oats
- Handful of pecans, chopped fine (optional)
- 8 1/2 oz raspberry jam
- 3 1/2 oz fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 200′c and line a cake tray
2. In a large bowl add the flour, sugar and salt then add 8oz of the butter and mix together well
3. Set aside half of the mixture in a bowl. Pour the other half into the cake tray and press down to make an even bottom layer. Bake for around 15 minutes, until the edges begin to brown.
4. To the remaining half of the mixture add brown sugar, oats, and pecans and combine. Work in the remaining butter with your fingers, pinching to create a crumble topping and set aside.
5. In a bowl mix together the jam, raspberries and lemon juice and mash together with a fork.
6. Spread the raspberry filling over the hot base from the oven, then sprinkle the crumble topping over and pop back in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Allow to cool before eating!