Today’s DIY project isn’t really for the brides and grooms out there, it’s for your mums, best friends, aunties, grandma’s or bridesmaids so pass it on… they’re all probably desperate to find a thoughtful gift for your wedding!
A ring pillow obviously plays a very personal and important part of your ceremony but it’s also a lovely keepsake, add it to your wedding treasure box and maybe pass it down to your kids or family years down the line?
Thanks so much to Laura from The Mrs Makes for this project… it’s super cute and sentimental and I love it!
What you’ll need…
• Felt rectangle
• Needle and thread (or sewing machine)
• Embroidery thread
• Tissue or tracing paper
• Stuffing for the inside
1. Decide on how big you want your pillow to be (mine is approx 9cm x 9cm). We have no ring-bearer so will it be held by our best man, but if you have small children something a little bigger might be easier for them to hold!
2. Cut your felt to size accordingly. You need it slightly wider, and double the length of your desired size of pillow.
3. Transfer a pattern to the tracing paper by tracing a pre-existing one or drawing your own. You could download one of the internet but I find freehand is much better as you can get a feel for dimensions etc.
4. Pin the pattern onto half of the felt…
7. Now, fold your felt so that the right sides are facing, and stitch around the open sides leaving a hole about a 2-3cm wide.
8. Turn the pillow the right way out and stuff your pillow through the small hole you left.
9. Sew up the hole!
10. Thread a length of embroidery thread through one of the crosses (knotting both ends of the thread to stop it fraying) and use this thread to tie on your rings and tie in a bow!
Have a lovely day,