Emma and Jonnie held their wedding reception in a marquee in their good friends garden. The garden in which they got engaged and the friends through whom they met at a dinner party!
Their beautiful styling was inspired by their love of all things vintage and the countryside and it’s just stunning. There are so many gorgeous details to point out but here’s a few of my favourites…
- Each place setting was actually a fir cone (Emma collected and then had to wash/clean 150 cones!) with the name held inside the cone
- Their favours were personalised ‘forget me not’ seed packets
- The floral displays were finished off with personalised printed ribbon
- Bamboo hoop canes lined the pathways and from which hung jam jars with candles in each to light the evening
- Emma made over 200 pretty paper hearts in cream and blue to hang in the marquees
- They had a guest list tree for guests to sign instead of a guest book so they could frame it afterwards
- That delicious looking cheese wedding cake (Jonnie’s second love!)
Emma’s advice to brides planning their weddings now - “Enjoy what you do its such a special time and do as much as you can in advance of your day, regardless of how early it is as the days before your big day just disappear in a minute!”
Venue: Village Church and then friends home/garden
Photographer: Becky & Wayne from Butterworth Photography
Cake: We made this from whole cheeses brought from The Cheese Shop, Flying Horse Walk, Nottingham
Wedding dress & accessories: Dress & Veil from Grace Couture, West Bridgford, Nottingham, Shoes and bag from Emmy in London, floral headdress (church) from The Blossom Tree, evening headdress from Alan Hannah
Grooms outfit: Brigdens in Derby
Entertainment: Ellie – Harpist (friend of groom) during drinks reception.
Rat Pack band in evening from Alive Network
Fireworks from Fireworks International, Derbyshire
Others: Superb caterer whom we couldn’t have done without: Jose Raine of Ticknall, Derbyshire. Marquees from Mudfords Marquees.
Congratulations Emma and Jonnie and thanks so much for sharing your beautiful day with us!